North Smithfield --
Monday October 3rd begins the Town of North Smithfield’s curbside yard waste pick up season. Yard waste is collected on the same day as your trash and recycling, but in a separate collection truck. This is done so we can reuse this material. All yard waste we collect is shredded and processed into compost.
Because of this, yard waste must be in brown biodegradable lawn bags or loose in cans that are clearly marked. Small bundles of branches under 3 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter are also allowed. But, plastic bags are not allowed. If plastic, trash, dirt, or stones are mixed in, it will contaminate the compost process.
We encourage our residents to take advantage of the pick-up weeks. Not only is it easier for you, it’s better for our town. Yard waste collected at your home gets transported directly to RIRRC compost area in Johnston. This is a great savings for our town. All yard waste brought to the highway garage needs to be moved, loaded and separately trucked to the landfill, costing additional transportation fees as well as time for our town workers.
Make your leaf raking and garden winterizing a little less tiresome. Have us pick up those lawn bags so you can spend more time enjoying this fall season. Our collection season will continue from Monday October 3 - Friday December 2, 2016.
For additional information contact 767-2200 x 345.
North Smithfield --
- 20 June 2018 Blackstone Valley Tourism Lists Valley Events
- 17 June 2018 RENAISSANCE 5 BRASS QUINTET at Woonsocket Library
- 17 June 2018 RI House Passes Budget Bill....Details
- 17 June 2018 11 Years and Older Events at Library
- 17 June 2018 Summer Programs at Library
- 17 June 2018 City Council Marijuana Sub-Committee to Meet
- 17 June 2018 Circus Dynamics at Library
- 17 June 2018 Next Woonsocket School Committee Meeting is June 20th NOT the 27th
- 17 June 2018 North Smithfield Weekly Bulletin
- 17 June 2018 Woonsocket's Bond Rating is Raised Again